BIBA as part of the largest innovation initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology: EIT Manufacturing
The manufacturing industry is facing major challenges due to increasing global competition, low-cost production in developing countries and scarce raw materials. EIT Manufacturing is an initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), in which BIBA is one of 50 core partners.
EIT Manufacturing’s mission is to bring European manufacturing actors together in innovation ecosystems that add unique value to European products, processes, services – and inspire the creation of globally competitive and sustainable manufacturing. To do so, the initiative has six strategic objectives:
1. Excellent manufacturing skills and talents: adding value through an upskilled workforce and engaged students.
2. Efficient manufacturing innovation ecosystems: adding value through creating ecosystems for innovation, entrepreneurship and business transformation focused on innovation hotspots.
3. Full digitalization of manufacturing: adding value through digital solutions and platforms that connect value networks globally.
4. Customer-driven manufacturing: adding value through agile and flexible manufacturing that meets global personalized demand.
5. Socially sustainable manufacturing: adding value through safe, healthy, ethical and socially sustainable production and products.
6. Environmentally sustainable manufacturing: adding value by making industry greener and cleaner.
EIT Manufacturing aims for the following goals by 2030:
- Create and support 1000 start-ups
- 60% of manufacturing companies adopt sustainable production practices
- EUR 325 million investment attracted by EIT Ventures
- 50 000 people trained and up- or re- skilled
- Create 360 new solutions
- 30% of material use is circular
Tel: +49(0)421/218 50120